1. Freshman Retreat went awesome! My Big Brothers did an amazing job of sharing and encouraging their freshman to make the most out of their 4 years. It was nice to get to know some of them, and really here them put themselves out there and be vunerable. It was kind of a long weekend but well worth it. I'm excited to get to know more kids. I also had to organize 250 students at one service site. I though it was pandamonium, be apparently other people thought it went well...
2. I have Freshman Breakaway tomorrow. Only one kid didn't hand in their permission form. I'm gonna have to talk to their parents and I hate talking on the phone. I'm doing it with another faculty member who is taking his own car and leaving early. Another thrown to the sharks in the best way possible moment. I really hope this goes well.
3. My LP boys are so quiet, but really good with the kids. They are engaging them really well. I had an expereince with one of the sixth grade boys today. They start being cheeky a little earlier then I remeber but who knows. We played hang man with states and I taught him how to sound out really big words like: antidisestablishmentaryinism (Spelling?)
4. I have to give the Magis talk on a retreat called Magis. NO PRESSURE!
5. I am still awake, but I should be sleeping.
6. Casa's Bart and Truth have now decided almost EVERYTHING is going to be a competition. So Far the series is tied 1-1 with Truth winning a version of Baseball and Bart winning KickBall.
7. I am reading the Jesuit Guide to almost Everything for work.
8. I really want to figure out a way to go to NCCYM again!
9. Riding a Bike when its 100degrees is not a good idea.
10. I put picture on the board, an odor neutralizer on the shelf, and a reed difuser on my desk. After Frosh Retreat I feel all unpacked and ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment