Sunday, September 19, 2010

Some things never change, And some change everyday.

Another Week come and gone....

Breakaway ended up going awesome on Tuesday! I sucessfully gave my first bus tour of phoenix, dealt with crazy SVDP workers/clients, got through the day without giving any one a JUG, and ended with a little smiley face eating a shark on my name tag! (In the mornings all of us put on nametags and I decided that I am going to attach each on to my binder along with the number and a little emoticon/picture of how I felt about the day.)

On Wednesday afternoon I headed up to Manresa retreat center in Sedona for the Magis retreat, which was amazing! The adult talks, the student leaders, the retreatants, the weather, the scenary, everything was just perfect! Besides the sharing and general getting to know yous, we also got to go on a 5am hike in Oak Creek Canyon. First of all, It's awesome that I hiked a canyon in sedona, the home of the red rocks, but also its the first time since coming to AZ that I have been cold. It was seriously like 50 degrees in the morning. After the Hike, thursday was full of talks and activities that enabled me to really get to know some of the guys. They are all great people. I feel like all the guys are so honest and genuine. It's very different being around teenage boys, when there are no ladies present. They develop this sense of community and brotherhood with each other that is amazing to watch develop (And of course when they did there little testimonies of brothership to each on the retreat I cried). But alas boys will be boys and when they were asked what the qualities of manhood are, everyone said facial hair in some way....

I think my talk went really well. I wanted to post it here but I though that wouldnt be a good idea, so if you want to read it, Let me know and I will send it to you!

Being at manresa only added to my homesickness however....I was in the mountains, it was cold, I was doing soul searching, It only makes sense.

Friday I got back and was welcomed back in to the loving arms of my community drinking Burboun Whiskey out of Coffee Mugs and watching Youtube Videos (Somethings about JVC never change). We rounded up the troops and headed on over to Casa Bart for some weekend Shannanagins, which ended for some of us at 5am with the rise of the sun.

Saturday I slept til noon (First time in like three years) then went to the Scottsdale Mall which Becky and her Aunt, I can honestly say I know how the other half lives. This mall had Gucci and Louis Vitton stores for Goodness Sakes. We went back to Marys house for dinner then headed home to meet Casa Bart again and went to this cool Irish Pub to watch the U of A/Iowa game.

This morning I woke up at 8 (back to my usual granny wake up time) and went to the YMCA. Then I did a little shopping on stipend yey, and went swiming at Becky's aunt's friend's house. Went to Mass, ate dinner, and now I'm here.

My life is not that exciting anymore.....

I am super excited that Jake is coming this weekend though, and the fact that Glee and NCIS start Tuesday. Actually I'm not sure which one I'm more excited for. JUST KIDDING! But seriously NCIS, GLEE, and JAKE in the same week. What did I do to deserve this!

Peace, Love & Social Justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment