Sunday, September 5, 2010

Seriously Universe......

In the Best way possible I was thrown to the wolves this week. It wasn't done on purpose, but the stars aligned and all the right circumstances came into play so that I was left in the office with all three co-worker gone, On my third week of work and in the days before my two main projects were set to begin. Two were on retreat and one with a serious case of the Flu, plus I was sick myself and not totally at my best. Actually I was seriously lagging a major part of the week.

Well the fact that I had my first freshman breakaway on Tuesday and we had off monday didnt hit me until Friday afternoon, at which point I went into a blind panic. I ended up staying at school until almost 6:30 at night. First taking a tour of St. Vincent de Paul, trying to take notes while the volunteer coordinator talked at a speed of 8 miles an hour. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon splitting my time between reading over the binder and making sure I knew where to go, making sure I was well aware in how to run the poverty awarness activites, and in general making sure I had mentally prepared myself for taking twelve 14 year old boys out on a day-long service immesion.(Which I have heard is a mentally, emotionally, and physically draining day.

I also had to make sure everything was ready for the Tuesday/Thursday installment of the Loyola Project, which involved triple-confirming with all the schools, making sure the attendence sheets were up to date, re-emailinf students about having there permission forms in and setting up the binders for the faculty mentors. Thank goodness I did since there was a little scare. One of the schools had informed me that they had our start date wrong, (It's the 8th and they had it as the 21st) so there might not be kids for the first 3 weeks for our guys to tutor, but luckily enough we averted the crisis and there will be many happy, peppy, energetic second graders to annoy and challenge the sophomores.

I also did a training for the tutors, worked a club fair, answered lots of questions about things I had no idea about, contacted all the students interested in working on the student advisory counsil for our annual summit on Human Dignity, tracked down students who owe me permission forms and dealt with difficult parents.

Oh and I also subbed all of my two co-workers classes for 3 days completely on the fly. It was awesome being inside the classroom. I can't wait to teach UCC next semester!!!!

By the time the Casa Bart folkes picked me up from work on Friday, I was pretty frazzled. We did have a great time on Friday night though. Matt, who is in JVI and will be leaving for Peru in a few months invited us to his house for dinner. He graduated from the shcool I'm at and went to college with a few of the other JVs in Phoenix, so there were lots of connections there. His family treated us to awesome grilled steaks (The Vegetarian thing went on hold for the night) and let us swim around in their pool for a few hours. We just hung out talked about JVC, our jobs, schools, etc....

Today was the laziest day I had in while, probably since last memorial day weekend when Jake and I spent the day doing nothing but watching NCIS and Hanson music music videos while talking about Vampires. I laid around most of the day watching, you guessed in NCIS, and then later on the office. In my defense I did clean the entire Kitchen and the bathroom and go out with brittney to get dinner. But I did spend most of it in the comfort of my air-conditioned house. Hey I already have a cold, I want to get better so I don't get the sereve contagious flu from Mr. Cullen.

I hope to be more productive tomorrow. Get up semi-early go to church and maybe go to BEcky's Aunts house for another Labor Day celebration. They relax on Monday and prepare for my freshman breakaway expereince Tuesday and my LP boys on Wednesday.....

Wish me Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment